Testing and Assessment FAQs
What tests will my student be required to take?
- Grades K–3: DIBELS (Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills)
- Grades 3–8: PASS (Palmetto Assessment of State Standards)
- End-of-course exams for Algebra I, English I, Physical Science, and U.S. History and Constitution
- ACCESS for English language proficiency, if eligible
- Math and literacy benchmark testing via the NWEA MAP Diagnostic Assessment
- K12 lesson and unit assessments
- Other assessments deemed necessary to assess student learning and progress include interim assessments, formative assessments, reading diagnostic assessments, etc.
Will my child have to participate in state testing (PASS or End-of-Course exams)?
Yes. As public school students, all students enrolled in Carolus Online Academy are required to participate in all state-mandated testing, which will require your student to travel to in-person locations. This is a mandatory requirement.