About our school
At Carolus Online Academy (COA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there's an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with COA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages COA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
COA at a Glance
Open to full-time South Carolina residents in grades K–8*
Highly interactive curriculum
Licensed teachers trained in virtual instruction
Online and offline lessons and materials
Career and college exploration for all grades
Social events, extracurricular activities, and clubs
At COA, we believe kindness is key to creating a safe learning environment. Join other students and families across the nation in spreading kindness every day. To learn more about our Be Kind 365 campaign, be sure to follow, like, and subscribe to our social media channels.
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. Keep the lines of communication open through:
You'll also receive textbooks and other hands-on materials delivered right to your door! These offline materials complement the interactive online elements of the lessons and vary by grade and course.
Get answers to the most common FAQs.
Ready to join us?
Create or access your existing Parent Portal account to begin the enrollment process.
*COA will offer grades K–8 during the 2023–2024 school year with plans to expand to grades K–12 beginning in Fall 2024.